Dear Brother George!
It is the anniversary of the day you were born – so what DO you get a man who has a loving wife, a gaggle of brilliant and adoring kids, a good job, two dogs, nine cats, a tortoise and a rabid cycling habit?
Quite easy that – I give you my life, because more than anyone else, when it came down to the wire, you stepped in and saved me from death, even when I tried to take my own life.
- You gave me a roof over my head, when I was thrown out into the street;
- You gave me food, so I could eat;
- You gave me clothes to wear, when I had none;
- You gave me counsel, when my heart ruled my head, and it hurt so bad I wanted to die;
- You gave me friendship, when I felt alone in a world that seemed not to care – and you showed me the world DID care;
- You gave me security, when I was unstable;
- You gave me brotherhood, when I had shunned you;
- You gave me love, when I had cursed you;
- You gave me a future, when I had destoyed my past.
I can never repay these, except by living clean, and living honestly – and LIVING!
I owe you everything, I am here today because you gave me a way out when the old Dave died, and the new one needed to be shown the way.
I love you, and I am so grateful for your help, and humbled by it. I make this journey of healing in honour of you.
© Dave Luis 2012. All Rights Reserved.