- Yes, yes – I hear your “I don’t live to eat, I eat to live” mantra, but I do live to eat. And I’m in therapy because I won’t allow myself to have emotions. (Essentially, this means I only have to make this a listicle of one item, but in case you need more convincing, let me carry on…)
- Putting Descartes before the horse: I eat, therefore I have an emotion – not the other way around.
- Point one aside, I eat when I am happy, sad, tired, angry, bored, busy, excited, anxious – essentially, whenever I am awake. This does not fit in with the traditional view of an emotional eater, who – according to Hollywood and trashy glamour magazines – only eats when they are sad.
- I am in complete control and can stop overeating any time I like. ANY time, you hear me? I just don’t feel like it, right now.
- Three out of five points on this list are false.
© Dave Luis 2015. All Rights Reserved.